another week over and a new one just about to start,work is still very busy and stressful and my card making is my escape,which works a treat at helping me to 'switch off'... this week I've continued with my Christmas card making(despite the lovely weather...not that I'm complaining )has continued this week and is going strong.As is the 'Christmas in July' challenges and I've seen so many wonderful cards whilst blog hopping to inspire me once more this week.
I got the colouring and planned the layouts on Friday as I needed to take the day off work.I was busy in the morning and my daughter and I did some crafting in the afternoon, she made some pretty tags for her boyfriends forthcoming birthday and I coloured several Christmas stamps, it's the first time we have spent together 'doing something' since she got back form Uni... I really enjoyed it and hope we get to do something again soon.
I've completely finished two cards this weekend and on to my third which hopefully I will put together later today.The jolly snowman is the first...isn't he a happy chappy.I haven't used any traditional colours for them and I am quite happy with the results,at this rate I will have more than enough by December...that's the plan anyway.This week I bought some pretty snowflake charms from my local bead shop and and a few other bits and bobs as my Christmas stash consisted of various snowflakes,some magazine freebies and not much else other than my imagination,which is limited...to say the least! This card was the quickest to do as it also didn't take a lot of colouring ..snowman don't I noticed... he has been well glittered though to make him shine!
I used the following to make my card
- snowflake paper - Kate knight paper pack (magazine freebie)
- red/multi spot paper-( magazine freebie)
- red textured card for layering
- blue glittered pearlised paper- (for layering snowman stamp)
- snowman stamp -coloured with promarkers and glittered (sorry dont know where from as was given it)
- blue organza ribbon /blue metallic cord
- pearl and white candi's
- vellum,silver card and holographic punched snowflakes - made into embellishments
- tiny red brads- (centre of snowflake-WHSmith)
- snowflake charm- local shop
Jolly snowman Christmas card number 2
My snowflake embellishment
Challenges I would like to take part in this week are-