Well the plan was to post on Sunday and make it an all time record of three in a row but I failed. I nearly managed it but time beat me and I didn't have the opportunity to do so again until last night; hence this mornings post, I don't start work today until later. I'm now fully into my Christmas card making and thinking about my next one, although I do need to start to plan my sisters birthday card which is at the end of August which I have decided I will make (no pressure... eek) as yet I have no idea about what I'm going to do, but I'm sure it will come to me as I get inspired by the wealth of stunning card makers and designs out there in 'blog land'.
I couldn't resist using the wee stamp again sorry; I just love her and need to get some more. Her facial expression is so lively... To me she looks a bit naughty but cute at the same time and is either up to mischief or planning to be. Her hair is amazing and a joy to colour, itis great for practising my shading. My favourite colour blue was used again with promarkers (of course) adding a hint of pinks and purples to her wings and lots of glitter to make her sparkle. I stamped the background of fairy with a small snowflake stamp to break up the white; it is very subtle and not sure if the photos pick it up very well but I'm happy with how it turned out.
I used the following to make my card:-
- Wee Stamps from Whimsy Stamps coloured with promarkers and added blue and iridescent glitter
- snowflake stamp
- white scalloped base card
- blue textured card for layering
- blue snowflake paper - Magazine freebie
- blue spot paper- Me to You -Especially for You paper pack
- white felt snowflake-Papermania-Docrafts-from local craft store
- blue glitter gel pen -faux stitching and highlights to dress -WHSmith
- die cut sentiment -'let it snow'-(inside card)- magazine freebie
- blue satin and organza ribbon
- vellum,silver holographic die cut snowflakes
- pearl bead snowflake- from last years Christmas cracker recycled!
- small and large blue gems
I love the felt snowflake
Inside of card
I would like to take part in following challenges this week-