Sunday 5 August 2012

Downloading Digi's Delights and Design.


I have had barely no time for card making this week with working late but I did get the opportunity yesterday to finish this cute Christmas card which I started at the beginning of the week...speed is not my strong point,but then I dont have great chunks of time for card making, so I try to make the most of my time even if its only 5 minutes, it is the first time I've used a digital image, I found her on a fab site which has loads of freebies, I was struggling with my limited Christmas stash and ideas when I came across this site,she is called Christmas Belle from Digital Doodling blogspot,click on her to check the site out its fab. I was quite pleased with the finished card as I wanted it to have a slight vintage feel hence my colour choices.I had no red pearls and coloured them with promarkers, I was really pleased with the result and would definitely do the same again.

Its been a busy week at work and quite stressful but I did get a very nice surprise on Tuesday whilst blog hopping after work  as not only was I a top 3 at  Ladybug crafts Ink  I also won the July blog hop and won their set of 6 new Christmas delights digi's; I was so excited and can't wait to try them out. I had planned to stop making Christmas cards for another few weeks but I need to try out the new designs first as they are are so cute especially the' handbag tree delight'... every girls dream at Christmas, handbags galore! Watch out for them over the next few weeks.

My daughter also decided this week  that my blog needed revamped as wasn't looking good enough,she has done a great job and it looks good, every time I log on there is another change...I can barely keep up... I do now have more pages to fill,when I get the time, its all very neat and tidy and as I haven't mastered the technical side,(doubt I ever will!) I am now able to post photo's on my own  it should stay that way which is very nice. Well of to finish another card(not Christmas)   before everyone is awake (Sunday morning lie in!.. I'm jealous) which hopefully I will post tonight all going well ,bye for now X.

'Christmas Belle'

I used the following to make my card 
  • white square base card
  • brown textured card stock for layering
  • white and red snowflake/stars patterned papers - Fizzy Moon festive fun 
  • Digi stamp-Christmas Belle - coloured with promarkers with glitter added for sparkle
From Stash
  • gold and red pearlised papers-layering 
  • red and gold satin ribbons and bows
  • white and gold punched snowflakes
  • pearls and pearl ribbon slider - coloured with red promarker
  • large mulberry paper roses (glittered inside)

card base 





challenges I would like to enter this week are -
















12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,love the image and the flowers are gorgeous..
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty holiday creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘DIAMONDS, PEARLS and/or LACE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, I love the design, a lovely image and gorgeous flowers too!
    Thank you for joining us and good luck :)
    Kelly.x
    ABC Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love the image, embellies and beautiful ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for the Focus on the Ribbon challenge.
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful use of the ribbon and lace and a gorgeous creation and just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, thanks for playing Winter Wonderland with us this week! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely Christmas card Andrea, I love the warm colours and your beautiful flowers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card LOVE the way you have added the Ribbon too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our O for Open it up Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS thanks for Playing along at Top Tip Tuesday too! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card and great take on the "O" Challenge!! Thanks for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge. We have another fun challenge starting today P is for Paper Piece. We hope you can play along again!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awsome. Love the design with the gold and red and those gorgeous flowers and bow. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x