Wednesday 4 October 2017

WOYWW 435

  Hi, and a very happy Wednesday to you, it's  been quite some time since I've posted although I have still been around and occasionally commenting on my favourite sites. Life, as usual, gets in the way and I can't keep everything on the go...I won't entertain bore you with any details. I'm hoping this time to get into a better routine and blog more often, as I do enjoy it. I'm working today so won't be back till later to visit and it may take me a few days to get around everyone.Since going part time I usually work midweek, although this varies week to week 
A6 card completed. sorry about my craft knife in
photo -very poor editing! 

6x6 card all done just needs glueing into place 

   I have begun making my Christmas cards, at last, usually, it's around July- August time! I have made two so far, a good start. I am very fortunate to have been bought a Brother ScanNCut from hubby as a very early birthday present, I've now had a couple of opportunities to use it and even managed to upload and rescale a shaped card file from internet which I posted on facebook/Instagram on Monday....it's going to be an exciting and long learning curve. My daughter gave me her old phone and I'm just beginning to get to grips with using App's it's only taken me a year !!. 


desk yesterday afternoon


Back to why I am here, it's Wednesday of course and as ever the wonderful Julia is hosting the ever so popular and friendly Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesday blog hop, which for me is ace as it's my way of getting in touch with people and in motivating me to blog. I see the WOYWW crop has just taken place and having had a snoop around blog land LLJ has posted loads of pics, it looks like it was a great day and fun for all who attended.... one day I will get there. 

above is my desk yesterday afternoon and the two Christmas cards I've made. it was a lovely sunny day yesterday and great for crafting. I coloured the stamped images on Sunday and got all my bits and pieces together, for reasons unknown I'm liking tartan at the minute and had several papers to choose from, both of those used where magazine freebies. My desk is not too untidy  The pile of the card to the left is a result of my die cutting and using the ScanNCut... it's the "to do "pile (hopefully I will sort it out tonight) sorry I've gone on a bit....I hope you've had a good week so far and I'm looking forward to catching up and being back. Best wishes and big crafty hugs  Andrea  xx

13 comments:

  1. Great cards!! I haven't even thought about starting yet! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Andrea, Cute little cards and what a clean floor ! Mine has been a total disaster, trying to sort things. Happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life does indeed get in the way.... gorgeous cards. I can't even contemplate starting mine yet. But always good to be inspired by others.
    sandra de @9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Andrea. Good to see you. Those two cards are such fun. A scan n cut - oh my - what a wonderful hubby!!Do enjoy the steep learning curve!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you Andrea, whenever you can join in....we gals have to be very flexible! Am so impressed at the intent you have to learn the scan n cut, and that you know it may take a while...that's just the sort of thing that stops me, I'm so lacking in determination. Your desk looks gorgeous in all that lovely light, and Iwhats not to like about the tartans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Andrea, it's great to see you back on the desks! I always love your work and the cards are no different...and you can't go wrong with tartan, lol!! Glad you enjoyed the Crop pics, you must come to one. You'd really enjoy it!
    HUgs LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea, I've just made my first Christmas card too, so thanks for some inspiration. I really like those two designs. Happy WOYWW and great to see you back. Sarah #20

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Christmas Cards! I don't usually start thinking about those until after Halloween! Lucky you to have such a thoughtful hubby!! Thanks for sharing, have a great day! Lindart #32

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you are calmly preparing for Christmas - I am in the midst of making all my handcrafted christmas gifts in time for a rapid mid november trip to the Uk - I am now wishing I has started sooner... never mind.. Dxxx #33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ssann and cut is far better than dye cutting and far less storage. I follow Julie balar and love what she creates using scan and cut.
    Now you have made a start of your cards I hope you find yourself making them as often as possible.
    Monica #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Andrea, great to see you back. I am determined this year to get my cards made early and the Masterboard should give me at least eight or even more. Will let you see some next week. Tutorial will be on my blog Monday. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's lovely to see you Andrea. Super Christmas cards, adorable owls and such a fun snowman - I really must get on and make some more Christmas cards, I've hardly made any so far this year.
    I will look forward to seeing what you create with your ScanNCut, what a wonderful present.
    Your desk looks nice and tidy as usual!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful Christmas cards, Andrea! We'll be starting the countdown soon - it always amazes me how quickly Christmas comes around after the summer. Thanks for visiting earlier - enjoy your weekend! zsuzsa #17

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x