Saturday 13 September 2014

Weekend-Chores- Card Making -Catching Up

A very good morning to you (just where has the morning gone and I was up very very early!)its a day of chores, food shopping and crafting for me as we are out all day tomorrow.Its been a while since I did a weekend post and as I’ve the weekend off this week I’m determined to catch up with some of the cards I’ve made but not and the chance to post...I’m sure I won't get them all posted but I will get to share my favourites given time.Today's card was made for my sister’s recent birthday at the end of August,its the second 8x8 card I’ve made.I found the size quite daunting initially but was happy with the finished result. I am a big fan of Ann Marie Designs and could watch her all day she creates the most beautiful cards and projects I've seen and has a unique style which I love…stunning...her Facebook photo gallery is inspiring.I would have all her products if given half the chance as well as great quality they are also great prices. Although I am still waiting for an order which I placed 2 weeks ago!... is which is unusual as I haven’t had any issues in the past…the opposite actually customer service has been ace. Hopefully it will be here very soon.

Birthday wishes

I love flowers as you may have noticed and I love this colour combination.. it's one of my favourites,teal,cream and brown ...they work so well together .My sister is a bit of a shopaholic and loves a bit of bling so I went with the shoe as the focal point. It also the first time I have masked and stamped which I decided to do after I had finished colouring the shoe…. note to self for next time- mask straight away and over stamp then colour! - in the event it may go wrong! I made it a bit more stressful than it needed to be...LOL 


Flowers 

bit of bling 

I used the following products -
Brown and beige spotty card-distress ink to edges ,white acrylic paint 
Teal and cream mini shabby gingham card-distress ink to edges ,white acrylic paint 
Floral stamp -from Blooming shoe set fussy cut and glittered 
black  and turquoise stamens 
Dies and Sentiment used -
Heartfelt Creations die -Arianna Blooms -  same card as above stamped and embossed 
Die cut flourish -white pearl card stamped teal dots 
die cute lace ornate shape - Arianna Lace Dies white pearl card 
Sentiment- from Tatty Twinkle set die cut label 
From stash -
shoe charm 
pearls and gems various sizes 
glitter 
crochet ribbon 






8 comments:

  1. Andrea, this is a masterpiece! I can't even imagine making a card that size! What a tremendous amount of work, care, and love went into this beautiful work of art! Your sister will be stunned and treasure it always! That shoe and the verse and the flowers, in those colors ~ it's all mwah to the MAX!! Glad to see you have a weekend off! Enjoy! (Just remember that some of those chores can be ignored, like dusting, because frankly, what's the point when it all comes right back and settles in the same places??) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! I love the blue and brown together. So cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Andrea, such gorgeous colours and fabulous details - I love your beautiful flowers.
    I hope you have enjoyed your weekend off.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super fantastic! I love, love, love the flowers and the lacy bits. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Andrea, so much detail and lovely colours.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  6. In one word GORGEOUS.. fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at ArtByMiran this time. hugs J x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea.....wow, your card is gorgeous! Fab flowers & embellies & the colour scheme is my favourite.....I have the very same in my sitting room & bedroom lol. Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    ps - I have candy......would love you to enter

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card. Love the colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x