Thursday 2 March 2017

Catching up

I'm back again and it's not been 6 months this time..sucess..😊I have been doing some blog hopping and generally getting into a routine of sorts.I'm making a start on some Easter cards having just finished some more ATC's for a swap. I try to do some crafting at least twice a week and so far so good. I have also told myself no more crafty stash purchases.I have so much that I haven't used yet!..Wonder how long that will last :-)
Here are some of the ATC's I made recently for a butterfly themed swap. The floral cards were for hubby's colleagues, two people were leaving at the same time so I made similar cards in blue and pink using free Altenew stamps that came with a Simply Cards and Papercraft Magazine.It is my first attempt at layering...went ok I think?

 same but different 


The photo quality isn't great..sorry. I can't get to grips with editing on this laptop!. the cards were more pastel shades in real life, they seem quite harsh and bright here. I went for gold text embossing on one and silver the other onto white vellum, with a co-ordinating coloured vellum strip underneath, my favourite is the blue card.

butterfly ATC's swap 


I went a bit OTT with the various butterflies I used and lots of sparkle. I do enjoy making ATC's. I think it's because they are small and anything goes really. There is tissue paper, ink, paint, die cuts, wood chip shapes, brads, gems a bit of everything...great fun to make.

Thanks for visiting and hopefully I will be back soon. I am slowly catching up with everyone and enjoying being back, its been great catching up with what everyone has been up too. Have a good weekend ahead and take care, crafty hugs Andrea x 

6 comments:

  1. Mm blogging is a commitment and does take time Andrea, well done managing to post. Those ATCs are relay amazing great detail on such tiny pieces, love the Altenew stamp layering too, I don't have any yet. But like you think I've more than enough crafty stash neglected.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you Andrea, good luck with not purchasing any new crafty stash - I vow not to buy anything new at least twice a week!
    Two beautiful cards, fabulous layering and lovely CAS designs and super ATC's, lovely colours and lots of brilliant details.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, I just adore those Altenew stamps - must see if a local shop has that magazine - well worth buying!
    Great atc's - you could always make atc's and use them as toppers on cards for birthdays etc. They would look lovely.
    Thanks for visiting my blog Andrea
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful set of ATC's. Love the colours and all the amazing elements! Your cards are beautiful as well, the flower images are delightful!! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely array of ATCs and your floral cards are stunning, Andrea! So glad to see you settling into a routine with crafting "me" time!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards Andrea. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x