Friday 25 May 2012

Returned Rested and Relaxed

I returned late on Monday night, having had a fantastic 10 days in the sun, I did still manage to keep a sneaky peak on my favourite blogs and the challenges I entered before I went... the joys of WiFi, even with a patchy and poor connection my obsessive needs where met. Having given my daughter instructions before I left to check for me that I hadn't won any new challenge badges it went a little pair shaped... but it's all sorted now. Oh dear, she managed to confuse me for another Andrea and posted the wrong winners badge on my site... eek I had all sorts of fears that I would be banned from my blog page and branded as a cheat, as I couldn't access my page whilst I was away to remove it, but thankfully its off now and without incident... next time I will check myself or I won't post any challenges and then go off on holiday.

Whoopee I won my first every prize for my winning entry from Dilly Beans 'texture' challenge and I get to choose 3 digi's, thank you very much Dillybeans it will also be the first time I will have used a Digi stamp so firsts all round. I also got a top 3 in Crafty Ribbons' yellow,pink and orange' challenge so what a happy surprise and good news to return to. My motivation for card making continues to flourish and my blog page is beginning to look a little less empty, not so sure that my card making skills are increasing at the same pace... though no rush. I did have withdrawals whilst away, although I wouldn't have missed my holiday for anything, a break from work was really needed and it worked. I went back on Wednesday and stayed chilled (I think) although I do also have a day off to go to Chelsea flower show today (Xmas present from husband, I love it and would happily go every year). So a short working week for me this week.

With unpacking, washing and work I have found the time to make one card which I finished off after work last night, maybe I will  squeeze another in over the weekend... fingers crossed. 

                                                

'Strawberry Picking'

Unfortunately the colours turned out a little odd in the photos, it looks very orange, the card stock and papers that I used where actually red. I need to look at when and where I take my photos. I was trying to create a vintage feel and this was also my first attempt at blending the edges of my paper with distress ink, unfortunately I dont have the correct tools for the job and it ended up quite a bit darker and heavier than I would have liked, but practice and purchasing of the correct equipment I'm sure I will get better in time. I used stamps from the Fairies of the seasons set by Sarah Williams,on a die cut circle coloured of course with promarkers, I need to add some fine nibs to my wish list as some of the detail was tiny and I found it impossible to not go over the outline.

I used three papers red check, strawberry floral and yellow matted onto red card stock from the Raspberry Road designs-Summer goodness paper pack(free with magazine). Cream lace, red satin ribbon and bow, cream and red pearls and red and yellow roses from my local shop. For the sentiment I matted the same yellow paper with the red card stock and I used peel off's, I found these where really tricky to put on and are still not quite square, but each time I tried to fix it I ruined another one and was running out of them... (maybe is should stick to stamped or ready made sentiments!) and finally some glitter on her wings.


I would like to enter the following challenges this week:






11 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, lovely colors. Yes the ever growing wish list...hahaha I think mine is about a mile long.
    Glad you could join us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Your blending edges look fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card...love the bright colours!!

    thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty ... thanks for sharing with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card.. super colour choice... I am so jealous.. 10 days in the sun... sigh!
    Thanks for joining us over at Passion for Promarkers this week with our "Birthdays" challenge , good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Great color combo. Thank you for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very pretty - love it so much.
    I'm so happy that you joined us this week with your lovely creation!

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card and that image is so sweet.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for this week's Passion for Promarkers challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cute B-day card- great sketch and love the DSP! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfectly sweet and lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x