Wednesday 20 June 2012

Best Wishes

Well as planned the priority for the weekend was to get our daughter safely back from university for the summer, after her taking some photos of her 'bits and bobs' to check it would all fit in the cars we decided it would be best if I didn't go as there might not have been enough room in the car... it was definitely the right decision! She must have had twice as much as she went away with! So saturday morning I stayed behind waving husband off for his long drive to collect her. I spent the day doing the housework... it was the least I could do as hubby was travelling nine hours in total there and back. It was definitely the right decision as the car was filled to the brim, its now Wednesday and she is still no where near finished... chaos is upon us,'stuff' is everywhere; but it is nice to have her back... will I still be saying that in a few weeks time and until September... Hmm, we'll see.

I do have a wish list of things that I would like her to teach me when using blogger; it was all too much for me first time round when she was back at Easter and set the blog up, I just cant remember everything she taught me, so I will be keeping her busy and probably desperate to get back to Uni (teehee).

So here is my most recent card, I used the Teddy Bo&Co bear again this week as it felt 'right' for this layout and she is a good size. The sketch was loosely based on one I'd seen for a challenge a few weeks ago but didn't get the chance to use. It is good layout for me to practice my measuring and cutting as I'm still mastering straight lines and even sides! Still not there yet but will keep practicing!
'Best Wishes'

I used the following materials: 
  • Square white base card and green textured card stock for layering 
  • Pink checked paper-Dovecraft- Basics pack 
  • Pink striped paper - Forever Friends-For you 
  • Flower paper- Helz cuppleditch- Bazoo 
  • Bea bear- Teddy Bo &Co coloured with my favourite-Promarkers 
  • Punched butterflies- using the left over card stock and paper scraps(I cant resist it!!! ) 
  • White die cut embossed fancy square. 
For finishing touches I used pink satin ribbon, pastel multi-coloured thread (or it might be wool - not sure), metal flower charm, pink and green pearls, pink and clear gems, best wishes sentiment (freebie from mag). The cute little balloon Bea is holding was a surprise pressie from my hubby last week (which I added glitter to). He presented me with 5 little packs of assorted embellishments when he picked me up from work, which was very unexpected as he is now a bit of a crafters widower, he often is in the position of having no tea, or a very late and or slightly burnt meal as I get distracted and loose track of time, so a pressie was an unexpected but very nice surprise - he is the BEST.

My next card is going to be more of a clean and simple design its for a friends birthday, I will keep you all posted on how I get on as simple designs are not in my comfort zone and not done very often. I'm not so good at this, but as before its good for developing my skills and broadening my horizons.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Andrea, great image and fabulous layout. Glad your daughter is home safe and sound.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Monthly challenge. Wendy DT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Andrea adorable image and beautiful papers.

    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's sooo cute. I haven't used my stamp yet (freebie with crafty mag) But now must get him out and ink him up!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super cute card!
    Thanks for joining the CCT challenge blog this week!
    Katharina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so gorgeous hunnie, lovely design and beautifully coloured image...You are doing fabulous with your blog..I'm still learning myself, but also have to get my daughter to explain things sometimes lol!! See I was going to join your blog again but I am already a member lol!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Make It Monday...and don't forget to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Teddy Bea card Andrea. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our Happy Birthday Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine wunderschöne Karte,super geworden.

    Vielen Dank für deine teilnahme bei Kreative Stempelfreunde.

    LG Bruni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your card on MIM = wow this is so sweet ! cute bear image = hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea she is just beautiful what a fabulous card well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweet andrea
    thanks for joining us at passion for promarkers

    jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my i just love this image and your design is wonderfull, thanks for joining us at PFP this week...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi you are our winner here at f/f you left a comment on our blog but we need your contact details !!! Email me at foreverfriendschallengeblog@gmail.com !!!
    Hugs Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x