Monday 21 January 2013

Tilda in Trousers


Morning from a very snowy Lincolnshire, it looks very pretty from the window although  not sure if I will feel quite the same about it when I need to go to work later today. Its been quite a busy weekend and Monday has came around very quickly! I didn't stop, got all the food shopping, housework, ironing done and packed our suitcases (almost complete only last few bits to go in) as we are going on holiday for a week on Friday. I’m working late most days this week including Thursday so I won’t have the time to do it before we go. I can’t wait; work has been very very stressful these past few months so looking forward to a break; lots of work, no staff, uncertainty about the future and stress so a week of R+R is just what’s needed. Hubby has booked a week in Tenerife, I haven’t been before but know I will enjoy it, I’m just happy to be going anywhere and knowing that it’s a bit warmer than home and there should be no snow!…bliss. I did manage to fit in some card making too so the weekend wasn’t all work. This was the other Tilda that was going to be the potential daughter’s birthday card coloured before Christmas. As with the last Tilda card I scrapped that plan when she announced she didn't like “people cards.”

0
Tilda with Flowers
Sorry pics look a bit washed out was very dull this morning and I had to use flash


Card Base 


It has changed from my original plan and I’ve went for an easel card which is my favourite. I love the silver/mauve ribbon (I can’t decide on the colour!...it seems to change in different lights) which was a fab buy from Lakeland reduced to a silly price as had been packaged wrongly… I snapped it up and now have 6 lovely new ribbons reels to add to my stash. I haven’t added a sentiment yet when the time comes to use it I will add it then. I used some of the dies I got for Christmas including the hearts and the spiral flowers, I am loving my die cutter and my wish list grows daily with so many pretty designs to choose from, every time I see a pretty card with dies its another must have to add to my list!. Its time for me to go and get organised for work. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to get there yet! I hope you have a fab week and if out and about in the snow keep safe. Crafty hugs Andrea X

Die cut Details 


I used the following-
6'x6' white scalloped cards for base
Various purple/lilac cardstock for layering and flowers
White cardstock- Die cut corners, hearts and flowers
Floral backing paper- from local craft store sorry make unknown
Butterfly paper- forever friends for you paper pack 
Purple strip (beneath ribbon) embossed with hearts mask
Die cut lacy Squares behind Tilda and base of card
Die cut corners, hearts and flowers
Organza ribbons - silvery mauve and lilac (bow) 
Punched butterfly with lilac gems

Close up Tilda 


Challenges I would like to enter this week- 













14 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Andrea, love the flowers, image and whole card...gorgeously made...congrats on one of the top 3 at Artistic Inspirations...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Tilda card Andrea, the soft lilac is very pretty and all your details are so well matched
    Thank you for playing along at Diva's this week and good luck with our "Make it Girlie' challenge
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, my favourite colour and I love your rolled flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet card Andrea. Lovely coloring Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting For All Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Totally Tilda, lovely die cut detail and colours,hope you enjoy your hols, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous and my fav colour too. thanks for sharing at challenges 4 everybody hugs trisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Andrea,love the beautiful colouring and the flowers! It's just perfect for our challenge at Totally Papercrafts. Thanks for joining us.
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp N Doodle this week.

    Hugs, Jill

    jiecraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creation is so very wonderfull! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful coloring - thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs!
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO PRETTY! What lovely colors and flowers. Beautiful layout too! Thanks for joining us this week for the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge over at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining this week's Whimsical Wednesday challenge! :)

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Andrea, love this image and the gorgeous colour scheme.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely. Fab colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Totally Tilda. Jen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog, I read and appreciate every one of them!

Andrea x